Mold Removal

Molds are fungi that grow and reproduce by tiny spores floating in the air. They are found everywhere both indoors and outdoors, but grow best in warm, damp and humid conditions. They thrive on moisture and comfortable temperature between 40 and 100 degrees. And that is just about every damp place in your home.

You can easily spot the most visible type of molds, called mildew, which begins as tiny, usually black spots but often grows into larger colonies. It is the black stuff you see in the grout lines in your shower, on damp walls, and outdoors on the surfaces of deck boards and painted siding, especially in damp and shady areas, although it is only a surface type of mold that does not damage your home’s structure. But other types of molds cause rot.

If you have a high concentration of mold, you may smell it. Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas, such as damp carpets, damp walls, damp crawlspaces and wet wood under your floors, wet roof sheathing and other damp areas. Clean up these infestations right away before they get worse.

Mold Removal

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following in getting rid of mold:

1)Take things that were wet for two or more days outside. Things that stayed wet for two days have mold growing on them even if you don’t see it.

2)Take out stuff made cloth, unless you can wash them in hot water. Also, take out stuff that cannot be cleaned easily (like leather, paper, wood and carpet).

3)Use bleach to clean mold off hard things (like floors, stoves, sinks, certain toys, countertops, flatware, plates and tools).

4)Never mix bleach with ammonia or other cleaners.

5)Wear rubber boots, rubber gloves, goggles, and N-95 mask.

6)Open windows and doors to get fresh air when you use bleach.

7)Mix no more than 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water.

8)Wash the item with bleach and water mixture.

9)If the surface of the item is rough, scrub the surface with a stiff brush.

10)Rinse the item with clean water.

11)Dry the item or leave it out to dry.

Centers for Disease Control

Mold growth is a significant occupational safety and health issue. Mold, which may be visible or hidden, has a number of effects on health. In large amounts they can be a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.

“Toxic mold” refers to molds which produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum which pose serious health risks to humans and animals. Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and death. Prolonged exposure (for example, daily exposure) can be particularly harmful.

Because common building materials are capable of sustaining mold growth and mold spores are ubiquitous, mold growth in an indoor environment is typically related to water or moisture and may be caused by incomplete drying of flooring materials (such as concrete). Flooding, leaky roofs, building-maintenance or indoor-plumbing problems can lead to interior mold growth. After water damage to a building, mold grows in walls and then becomes dormant until subsequent high humidity, a suitable condition to reactivate mold. Mycotoxin levels are higher in buildings which have had a water incident.

Los Angeles Mold Removal

Significant mold growth may require professional Los Angeles Mold Removal and remediation to remove the affected building materials and eradicate the source of excess moisture. Mold Remediation-Los Angeles Services is brought to you by Absolute Maintenance and Consulting that works in removing and preventing mold regrowth by identifying and removing the source of moisture, using a Biocide to eradicate mold growth, encapsulating the mold spores, and cleaning up water damaged area. Their Mold Removal-Los Angeles specialists have the tools and the know-how to make sure that your family stays safe from molds.

Was This Post Helpful:

0 votes, 0 avg. rating


Matthew Okafor