Most often, a person cannot understand he or she comes down with colds, migraines, develops allergy and feel under the weather all the time. An individual undergoes various examinations to no avail and the treatment does not bring results. The thing is that all these problems with health can be caused by mold and it’s necessary to apply to mold removal services as soon as possible to get rid of this nuisance.
What diseases can mold fungus cause
The long-term presence of mold fungi in the house can cause a number of serious diseases:
- Mycoses, acute dermatoses. Symptoms can be quite frightening: fistulas, ulcers, festering wounds, bruising, severe itching. This disease usually requires long-term treatment.
- Diseases of the joints, rheumatism. Accompanied by pain, general deterioration of health, weakness.
- Respiratory diseases (rhinitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia). Often, a bacterial infection joins a fungal infection and treatment with strong antibiotics is required.
- Allergic diseases (bronchial asthma, allergic conjunctivitis, rhinitis, etc.). While rhinitis and conjunctivitis can still be treated with antihistamines, asthma requires special treatment.
- Malignant formations (cancer cells present in the body are activated). It is clear that this is very serious and threatens human life.
- Frequent SARS, influenza. Mold fungi, penetrating into the human body, suppress its immunity, destroy beneficial microflora. A person becomes an easy victim of viruses.
Who is at risk for the harmful effects of the fungus and should have a phone number of mold removal services at hand:
Mold can spoil the health of any person, but there are those who are susceptible to it in the first place:
- Obviously, children whose immunity is still imperfect and vulnerable to various pathogenic agents.
- The same applies to pregnant women, whose immunity naturally decreases so that the body does not reject the fetus.
- People who are allergic to different substances. Their body is already susceptible to foreign agents and mold is considered a strong allergen.
- People with weakened respiratory organs. Inhalation of mold spores almost inevitably causes a complication of chronic diseases (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, etc.).
How mold removal services deal with surfaces affected by mold
At first, the fungus affects different surface (plastic, wood, etc.) and then penetrates inside, destroying the material from the inside, forming cracks.
If the owners notice mold on the ceiling or walls, they must immediately apply to mold removal services. The stages of mold removal is as follows:
- The affected area is cleaned of the fungus with a sponge, a metal brush (if there is wallpaper on the wall, they must first be torn off, a layer of plaster is removed in the same way).
- The surface is treated with an antiseptic. It should dry for about 4-5 hours (the exact time depends on the temperature and humidity of the room). If the mold damage is very strong, it is better to repeat the treatment after drying.
- The next step specialists who provide mold removal services take is to coat the wall with a primer (it is better to do this twice after the first layer has dried). This will strengthen the surface, increase the application of the subsequent finish. By the way, you can buy a primer containing components to combat mold (this will enhance the effect).